Digital Marketing has become too complicated. You have over 4.4 Zettabytes (ZB) of accumulated data in the digital universe, and it will grow to 44 ZB (or 44,000,000,000,000 GB) by 2020. All of these data are outsourced from channels like SEO, SEM, content marketing, email marketing and more. And for every single channel of these, marketers are using different digital marketing tools from websites, social media platforms, E-mails and so on.
Marketers had to use various types of tools and software to collect all the previously mentioned data. “Relying on connecting two or more systems together can be a recipe for disaster. That’s why it’s important to look for products that already communicate well with each other.” Stated Matt Greener, a b2b digital blogger, and marketer.
A huge hassle that ends up with having no control over the data you worked so hard to get. Your data is scattered everywhere and without marketing automation, you are just lost:
- 75% of your incoming leads are not sales-ready Low return on advertising investment with a high cost of leads and cost of sales.
- You have no records for old requests, calls, and leads (No CRM).
- You have no more business from current customers (No up & cross Selling).
- You have no connection with current customers and accordingly no repeated sales (Retention program).
- You have no scanning technique to discover important leads. (Scoring)
That was exactly when people start thinking about marketing automation. Back in 1992, 3 MIT graduates created the first marketing automation tool (Unica). Since then, marketer’s gone crazy with this technology and developers start to establish new automated tools to help to develop the original one. between 2006 and 2008, and with the increased adoption of the high-speed internet, new vendors built cloud-based tools with emerging software which includes the likes of SalesFusion, SalesForce Pardot, Marketo, Loopfuse, HubSpot, OntraPort and much more.
Through the years developers well-managed to achieve the mission of developing marketing automation till we reached a growth into a $1.65 billion industry with over 142,000 businesses (including American Express, Intel, LinkedIn) relying on marketing automation tools to run and monitor many of their marketing efforts in the last five years.
Marketing automation presented to the market a category of software that streamlines, automates, customizes and measures marketing tasks and workflows. A technology that goes the extra mile with the communication process between marketers, sales, and clients so that companies can increase operational efficiency, enrich its customer-client relationship and grow revenue faster.
Now, replacing the old traditional ways with a marketing automation tools cause you the following:
- 14.5% increase in sales productivity
- Increase the number of sales-ready leads (scoring)
- 45.1% increase in qualified leads
- Connect marketing and sales teams if your work separately
- Customize your campaigns (email marketing campaigns – social media campaigns – etc.)
- Turn old leads to active leads (nurturing)
- Increase upsell and cross-sell with current customers (retention)
- 12.2% reduction in marketing overhead
- Stay in touch and follow-up with existing leads (brand loyalty)
- Build inbound leads system
- Educate and build trust amongst existing leads
- Acquire more business from current customers
An infographic by Marketing Automation Insider
Besides, planning for the leads lifecycle was incomplete and just stopped at the first time the customer do the purchasing and that’s it! Now you have the full cycle the repeating of the action of purchasing.
So are we going anymore further with that? Absolutely yes!
According to Pushcrew:
“The next generation of marketing automation will focus on customer journeys and predict purchase decisions. Data will be used to predict patterns and make proactive decisions. Machine learning will continue to learn and keep getting smart. And with the advancement of technology, a wealth of data, and access to incredible marketing automation tools, the world will be an oyster for us marketers.” Haven’t you joined the flaw yet?
We do the magic for you! Sign up now for your free 30-day trial!