In part 1, we were talking about two main important steps of how to create mobile marketing strategy:
- CONSIDER YOUR AUDIENCE
- SET YOUR GOALS
Now we can continue with other different steps of creating mobile marketing strategy.
3. Establish KPIs
Just like your other marketing efforts, mobile marketing needs to be tested and optimized. Determine which realistic, measurable KPIs define your mobile campaign’s success. For example:
- Engagement: Provide mobile-friendly content for potential customers who are searching for information about your industry or product. Make sure your website is mobile-responsive to improve mobile SEO.
- Acquisition: Make sure lead nurturing emails are mobile-friendly with clear calls-to-action. Buttons in emails should be near the top of the message and be big enough to easily tap in order to facilitate click-throughs. Then make it as easy as possible for someone to fill out a form on your mobile-optimized landing page.
- Customer Service: In a connected, social marketplace, customer service is very much a marketing opportunity. Allow your customers to easily reach you through any platform they want, including simple click-to-call buttons for smartphone users.
In order to identify the right KPIs for your mobile marketing campaign, ask yourself:
A) Do I want to increase conversions from email messages?
B) Am I trying to improve traffic to sales pages?
C) How important is it that I generate more qualified prospects?
D) Does our brand need to improve sales by converting more traffic on certain pages?
4. MOBILE MARKETING AS PART OF YOUR OVERALL MARKETING STRATEGY
Creating mobile marketing strategy needs only to think about how it can be compatible for your other overall marketing initiatives. Engaging with customers by sending out them Emails through social channels, and other cross-channel communications.
Communication Frequency and Relevance
Emails is the tools you use most of time to communicate with customers, so you need to make sure that all communications are is sync and these Emails must notify your mobile strategy especially if you are engaging in mobile notifications.
Using your marketing automation platform and listen to how people engage on one channel and use that to build up your other channel.
As with any marketing channel, mobile sites and apps need to be measured by key performance indicators to determine the appropriate business objectives and decisions before they can be optimized to generate high levels of user engagement that increase sales.
These are some sample communication plan steps with a customer:
• Mobile application download
• An email thank you is sent
• A push notification is sent
• Website personalization offer based on persona and app usage
• A check-in email is sent
• Social campaign on new app features
• An email is sent based on app usage
• An in-app message is sent
• Personalized ad on Facebook using targeting
Marketing calendar is the best way to determine what your costumers can get from other communications and where they can receive.
The things that you keep in your toolbox can help you in the success of your marketing goals. A primary and essential tool is the marketing calendar. A marketing calendar assists you in launching your marketing vehicles in a way that can drive you to your goal using a structured and thought-out manner so that nothing is forgotten. Your marketing calendar serves as your blueprint and identifies what messaging you will use and how and what channels you will use to distribute that message.
Consider including the following in your marketing calendar to ensure that you have a complete look at all your marketing efforts at a glance.
1) Advertising Campaigns
3) Content Pieces
4) Public Relations / Media Relations
5) Social Media Campaigns
6) Email Marketing
7) Point of Purchase Displays or Signage Efforts
By doing this, you are able to build consistency in your planning. This helps in preventing marketing lapses that cause, the “feast and famine” effect that many businesses experience.
Get more Mobile Marketing tips delivered straight to your inbox. Subscribe to the Appgain Now!